What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, make a contribution, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When registering or contributing on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, zip code, full mailing address, phone number, occupation or employer. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
• To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To complete and report any information related to contributions as required by law
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
• To send periodic emails following up on the issue or transaction you initiated on our site
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that may include organization news, political updates, issue briefs or action alerts, news from related organizations, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Yes (Cookies are small files that most websites transfer to your computer through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable such sites to recognize your browser and store certain information).
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party offers, products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
This policy was last modified on May 28th, 2013.
1006 Cameron Street
Alexandria, VA 22314